About Me

I'm a writer dreaming of being published, with a preference for prose but a love for poetry. I've been writing some ten years, possibly longer, and I write a lot of gothic, fantasy, and science fiction.

Wednesday 13 July 2016

To your ghost

You came to me a gentle soul, pure heart and all that, until you saw my wickedness and my cruelty, piercing you like an ice pick, stabbing the hard exterior of your hopes and turning your mass of dreams into feverish nightmares. You became a monster to my monstrous eyes, Frankenstein beholding his creation in sublime terror, escaping your haunting persecution and your frozen eyes of incomplete understanding.

I am Cathy. Watch me run.

Cold winds, colder expectations looming over my very soul, icicles clinging to my nose and my hopes. Tables turned, I dare speak to your ghost that remains a false companion through these apocalyptic nights, the horror lurking behind me and my cracking sheet of resolve.
Forgive me, forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment